Monday, May 14, 2012

Rusko's New Album to focus on Ambient, Minimal Techno

The english born, LA residing artist known as Rusko has had his way with the dubstep genre and even known as one of the core contributors to the brostep movement.  However, Rusko informed the Miami New Times that dubstep isn't his only talent.


In a recent interview he admitted, "I'm definitely the fairy wings, glowstick guy."  when asked about the two different sides of dubstep, angry and agressive compared to melodic and pleasant tunes.  The changing scenery of dubstep combined with Rockers transition into the subgenre, have lead dubstep in two different directions.  Music for people that love moshing and those that love to dance.  Rusko says "I don't know why, ravers seem to love me. I get covered in kandi bracelets. I love it. I'm not a rocker."


When prompted by the Times about new experimenting with new projects, Rusko spilled his guts:


Continue after the JUMP:


"Yeah, I've been actually making ambient, minimal techno recently, for the last two months. I'm not telling anybody the name yet. But I've made four tracks and I'm definitely going to be coming out with an EP in the summer. The alias is a kind of a play on my real name. That's all I'm going to say. It's just a nice little project while I'm on the road. "


to read the full interview click here