Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Behind the Scenes:Amon Tobin's 'ISAM' 2.0 Tour



(Rollingstone) Electronic producer and composer Amon Tobin is one of the genre's most respected innovators, but his progressive sounds don't align very closely with the current EDM craze. In this exclusive clip, Tobin talks about his upcoming ISAM Live 2.0 Tour and its improvements from last year's ISAM Tour. "I guess because it's electronic music, people tend to equate that with dance music, which is pretty natural," he says. "I had this record that didn't really fit into any one thing and I had to find a different way to present it as a live show."
In translating his studio-based music to live performance, Tobin ended up with a complex stage and light setup that he compares to an art installation. "How can I make a genuine attempt at visualizing music and making something that made sense, to me at least, and be part of it?" he asked himself while brainstorming the show.