Friday, October 26, 2012

3LAU Boston Interview

3LAUR boston interview

By Adam:

We had the amazing opportunity to catch a few minutes with 3LAU backstage before his house of blues Boston show and interview him.  It was a fantastic experience and have some great material to share with you guys!  Check it out our 3LAU Boston Interview below

Welcome back to Boston! I know you were here in January of last year. Can you tell us a little bit about that and why you decided to come back?

“January was awesome. January 19 exactly 10 months ago I played Royale, and it was my...
...biggest show to date at that point in time, and just the amount of people who came out to see me I was blown away. That was the moment I realized that I could actually do this and make a career out of it. So being back here again, and it’s equally exciting if not more. Double the people, crazy venue, triple to quadruple the production, and I’ve been looking forward to this day for a really long time.”

Very nice! So what can the fans expect coming out of 3lau in the future?

“New shit! Lots of new stuff. I’m playing my new track tonight that I did with…Paris and Simo. I think it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. They go way back with me to when I did the Tiesto remix competition. Its just…It’s been amazing.”

Now I know that you’ve been taking your talent and popularity and working with Pencils of Promise. You built a school through there, can you tell us a bit about that and where it’s going in the future?

“Yeah, the first school’s going to be built in Guatemala, and that will hopefully be done in December, I’m gonna go down and visit, I’m really really excited for that. We’re already raising money for the second school that we’re gonna build, and I don’t know where that is yet, because we have to raise the money first, but it’s a partnership that I want to keep going and it’s something that I’m really passionate about.”

That’s very respectable. Today the DJMAG Top 100 came out, any thoughts?

“I didn’t even look. It’s all a ploy to get information from people. It doesn’t matter in my opinion.”

Very fair. Now, you’ve seen this huge crowd out tonight. Where do you see EDM and the sound of dance music coming out within the next few years?

“Trance. Trance styles are gonna get a lot bigger I think. I’m really excited about it.”

CHECK OUT OF 3LAU BOSTON PHOTOS HERE