Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jay-z Wants in on EDM

Jay-Z announces he will headline 'Budweiser Made
In America' Festival in Philadelphia
The hip-hop mogul, Jay-z, hasn't lost any steam in his career, with a new baby, blue ivory, in his life.  The summer sees him embarking on a headline performance at Budweiser's "Made in America Fest" to take place in Philly on Labor Day weekend.  However you won't be hearing any new Jay-z material anytime soon.  IN regards to new studio material Jay-z had this to say,


"I thought I would be more inspired to have all these new feelings to talk about, but I really just want to hang out with my daughter,"... "I want to enjoy this time for what it is. I'm sure that bug to get back in the studio will come back at some point."


More importantly, Jay-z had an interesting answer when billboard magazine asked him about the "EDM/ dance craze that's blowing up right now."


Read his response after the JUMP


Jay-z responded, "I love revolutions. Hip-hop was a revolution. Grunge was a revolution. Electronic dance music feels like a revolution, it feels like the kids' music. I just wanna be a part of it, we have a huge footprint in it which is great for us."

Interestingly enough Jay-z has already started to make moves and has invested in the movement via his company's Roc Nation partnerwhip with Three Six Zero Group.