Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Letter to Our Followers From Max, EDMBoston Founder

By Max

Over the last two years I have blogged every business day about a scene I love and care deeply about, the electronic music scene in Boston.  I have done this ontop of my full time job and made a commitment to myself that I would never let my followers down and deliver content to them consistantly.  Every business day since August of 2011 myself, and in fall of 2012 the team I know lead, have fulfilled that promise.

My commitment has always been to spread an honest word about the movement in Boston. I've gone to festivals and shows across the state and region to represent the city and EDM community.

Earlier this afternoon I wrote a piece asking our audience if it was too soon for Krewella to be performing in our city based on the facts and circumstances I had during my lunch break and posted it this evening.  At that time I had no knowledge of Krewella making a GENEROUS donation to the victims, as their facebook nor pr rep had contacted me about such. For their kind donation I am grateful to them.

Hearing the news unfold yesterday and today has not been easy. Despite this I still held myself responsible to blog and my team. I thought I had a valid question- and still believe, is it to soon to party? Personally, I don't feel ready until this weekend. However, I understand if people, including members of my team, feel otherwise.

At no point in time was I writing as an insult to the people attending the show. We are all different, and if this scene has taught me anything it's acceptance. If a show is what it takes to get you back to normality I encourage you to go.

I look forward to continuing to be your source for electronic music and I'm sorry if I offended you.

Sincerely,

Max